I've been handed a problem with CSS, and was reading over

     http://css-discuss.incutio.com/wiki/Overlapping_And_ZIndex

in the hope of learning enough to solve it.  The wiki article depends on
graphics linked to (not embedded) from that page, presumably showing
examples of how layering works.  Unfortunately, all of the image links return
a 403, and the article is extremely difficult to follow without seeing the
effects of the changes being discussed.

No 403 for me. Can't see your problem.

I also got the 403 if I clicked on the link. However, based on the input from another responder, I copied the link info and pasted it into the browser and ... VOILA ... did NOT get the 403, but the image. That will probably work for you too.

Louise