Le 26 janv. 2013 à 03:37, Eric <e...@minerbits.com> a écrit :

>> (under example 25 for the width MQ – it applies equally to the REM unit)
>
> Sure, that makes sense as long as a font-size has been set for the root
> element. If there is no font-size set on the root element  I'm not absolutely
> sure what would be used but based on my testing of the REM  unit and UA
> default
> font-size my assumption is that the UA's default font-size value would be
> used.
> I need to look into that.

The keyword is 'initial'.

Even if the author specifies a font-size on the root element, it won't have any
affect on the (computed / used) value of 'em' or 'rem' used for the MQ.

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/about.html#initial-value
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-values/#common-keywords
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-cascade/#initial

It comes down to the value set by the UA stylesheet (in case of font-size,
usually the value set in the browser preferences, or the system preferences).

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com