Le 19 juil. 2013 à 09:07, John Snippe <j...@snippe.ca> a écrit :

> You'll notice that the src has size attributes.  They are over-ridden by the
> CSS, it appears.  I didn't know that would happen ;)

That is expected :-).
But you better leave out the width/height attributes, or, override _both_ of
them in the stylesheet. Otherwise when scaled the height of the image will
remains locked to what is specified in the attribute (the image is then
distorted).

so:
img { width: 90%; height: auto; }

As for the original requirement (the caption won't be wider than the intrinsic
width of the image), I don't think there is a css property (current or future)
that will do that. Perhaps some of the ideas being discussed in
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-images-3/#sizing
might help.  You'd still need to define a width/max-width on the parent
container I suspect. And no browser support it currently.

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com