Firefox and Safari on my machine are doing the same thing here. FYI.
Although the one on the bottom does not have the same text in it so it is kind
of hard to tell if it is working.
The text on the bottom doesn't pass the width of the image.

have you tried..

word-wrap: break-word;

on your original example?

Best,