By "standard method" are you just referring to standard widths to set your
media queries. There used to be (from 2010:
http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/media-queries-for-standard-devices/),
and you can still find "staring point" queries, but it really depends on
your site.  Say, for example, you're going for mobile first and you have
all of your content dropped in.  Just start expanding your browser
horizontally and a break point will likely jump out at you ("hey, this is a
good spot to make the content flow a different way", e.g. go from one
column to two).  That way you can get 3,4,5,x break points that work well
for your project, and then fine-tune from there.

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Nancy Johnson <njohnso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a standard method to use media queries?
>
> I took the W3C mobile course about 3 years ago and since then there
> are many more devices out there each with  different size and/or
> retinal display.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nancy Johnson

Chris Rockwell