Philip, as I described in the message I just sent, I too am developing a
very complex and detailed application where I was convinced that one
needed a huge screen to appreciate it.  After many discussions with my
contract designer she was able to convince me that the mobile user was
worth pursuing.

I wasn't initially convinced, so I approached several users and discussed
the idea of using a phone or a tablet.  They hadn't even imagined such a
use case.  With one, I started brainstorming and we realized that being
able to walk around with the application, on a phone or tablet, was in
fact a game-changer for the industry (I'll leave the specific industry out
of it).  After discussing it with other users, they (to my surprise)
started to become huge advocates for it.

Now, the mobile use case has become a cornerstone of the new product, a
true differentiator from the competition.  And not only has thinking about
mobile changed our market strategy, it has, I believe, made a better
product for the full screen user (see my other message).

In short, I think people who ignore mobile do so at their own peril, or at
least to their own market detriment.

Chris