There needs to be a guideline on EM's & REM's what about using them for positioning. I was helped from someone on this list with that a few weeks ago regarding using them as positioning.

This topic re-surfaces quite frequently, there should be some guidelines, then if the developer wants to expand on those guidelines they can, if not, the guide is more then adequate for any or all web page development.