Norman Fournier wrote on 2014-09-19 13:46 (GMT-0600):

> the problem stated in the post is solved by CSS and media queries, not
> created by it.

Actually, media queries have compounded the problems of CSS overuse. I doubt
many practitioners using them have tested against user CSS to see how a UA
deals with the multiplied conflicts. Gecko (at least; on Linux there is
neither Safari nor IE, and Chrom* UI is useless in high DPI DEs, leaving it
up to Konq, SeaMonkey and Firefox to hold down the fort) has the ability to
remember zoom level on a per domain basis. Yet, multiple large domains I
frequent have font sizes jumping all over the place, both literally and
figuratively, only since queries were implemented on those domains. Despite
the UA memory, or maybe because of it, I'm forced to change zoom levels both
up and down when switching among multiple simultaneously open tabs on domains
employing queries. e.g. newegg.com.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/