okt 20 2014 13:02 Tom Livingston <tom...@gmail.com>:

> Even given that, mixing units is going to cause issues, especially for those
> just learning. I recommend using percentage for all, as in David L's example.

That’s a good start, but percentage values does have to be controlled to not
yield silly results in more extreme cases. I’ve used Media Queries and
min-width/max-width with acceptable results. I think ems work better for
gutters, even as they do add some unpredictability. That can be handled.

I think the best way to learn is to experiment and exercise control over your
CSS. If you use a framework, learn it properly.