2014-12-17, 15:00, FARAMINEUX wrote:

My goal is to write a haiku or a poem in the center on the page, but
I do not want the text to be centered but align left in the center of
the page. How can I achieve that? Do I have to use a centered column?

The simplest approach is to put your poetry in a `div` element, set some suitable width for it, and set its left and right margin to auto:

.poem {
  width: 20em; /* tune as needed
  margin-left: auto;
  margin-right: auto;
}

If you don’t want to set a fixed width but let the width be as needed for the longest line, then you need something more complicated. Please specify if this is the case.

Yucca