may 10 2015 01:57 Al Sparber <aspar...@roadrunner.com>:

> On 5/9/2015 4:37 PM, Erik Visser wrote:
>>

>> It has been a while since i was working on a regular basis on websites.
>> But I'am quite familiar with css and html/php/and more.
>
> If you understand CSS, then all you need to create a responsive site is
> understand media queries. It is a series of actions/counteractions, at one or
> more breakpoints.

I respectfully disagree it’s enough to ”understand” CSS or media queries.
Designing for different sizes is Design first and foremost. You need a process
to build a great design and in that process you need to address multiple
concerns, especially concerning how your design ideas translate to different
sizes. Media Queries is but a tool to put those across.

> You also need to research and get your head around the differences between
> responsive and mobile-friendly sites. It is not a one-to-one relationship.

Very true.