> On 09/19/2015 10:12 PM, Crest Christopher wrote:
>> Anyone have any image compression suggestions; there is one I use but it
>> only took a 210kb image to around 100kb.  I'm hoping to squeeze that 210kb
>> image to around atleast 75kb without sacrificing too much quality.  I've
>> tried a few thus far, some are extremely poor at compression, others were,
>> meh, to say the least.
>
> Xnview (www.xnview.com) - Available for Windows, Mac, Linux.  The 'Set DPI'
> function may be what you need.
>
> G-Jim c):{-

JPEGmini is the best optimizer I’ve seen for JPEG images. It isn’t free, but it
isn’t expensive either ($20?). So far it out-performs anything I have compared
it to. I start out using Photoshop “Save for web” with a quality of 65% and I
like the results. If I need to squeeze an image down further, and my normal
workflow doesn’t do it. I use the Blur tool to selectively blur areas that
aren’t as important. Blurry images compress much better than sharp images, and
very often it isn’t necessary to have the entire image tack sharp.

Russ