Am 05.09.2012 16:22, schrieb Lars Ellenberg:
>>> Can't resolve peername.
> See that?

I did and that's why I played around with /etc/hosts, changing
leihnix5h1 to leihnix5h1-eth1 and so on.
>>> ERROR: Connection to remote host failed.
>>> Host stays in dirty state. Try again later...
>>> SQL: SELECT command, logfile FROM action GROUP BY command, logfile
>>> SQL Query finished.
>>> SQL: COMMIT TRANSACTION
>>> Finished with 1 errors.
>>> root@leihnix6h1:/etc#
>> Why doesn't the way described in the csync2 paper work?
> Because it cannot resolve the peername.
>
> nothing in the system can resolve what you mean by leihnix5h1-eth1,
> it is not in the hosts file, it is not in dns, the resolver cannot
> find an IP address to that name... it simply does not know where to
> connect to.
>
> That's what "Can't resolve" means.
That's what I think too, however the csync2 paper clearly states that,
to use a node name "host4" via its interface "eth2" you HAVE to use the
following syntax:
 host host4@host4-eth2;

> would 172.31.1.16 leihnix6h1 leihnix6h1-eth1 172.31.1.11 leihnix5h1
> leihnix5h1-eth1 work for you?

A little different from what the manual/paper said, but that's a nice
workaround and it seems to work :)

Thank you!