Millions to tens of millions of files in tens to hundreds of thousands
of directories.
I love sqlite3, it's wonderful. But I know that pgsql scales much better as
databases get larger and I want to not worry about an inconvenient conversion,
since a need to convert would come due to increased load that would make a
conversion inconvenient. I haven't thought deeply about it; my comment was
offhanded. But you'd have to work hard to convince me that the general
scalability benefits of pgsql couldn't possibly apply here. ☺