On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 04:41:56PM +0000, Peter Heitman (pheitman) wrote:
> First, I was unable to search for an answer in the “lurking” archive.
> (http://archives.free.net.ph/list/csync2.html) did not lead to a valid page.
>
> My question is: I’d like to specify the directory where csync2 should
> get the configuration file from instead of being forced to maintain it
> in /etc. Putting it in /etc generally means having root access and I’d
> like to be able to install and maintain my application without
> requiring that. AFAICT from the documentation my request is not
> possible. Is that correct?

http://oss.linbit.com/csync2/paper.pdf
(also, the csync2 --help output and the csync2 man page -- though likely
not in the version you have installed, because you obviously checked
that first) documents the environment variable CSYNC2_SYSTEMD_DIR for
exactly that purpose.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: http://www.LINBIT.com | Your Way to High Availability