On 03/19/2015 11:13 PM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 02:11:09PM +0200, Rabin Yasharzadehe wrote:
I'm racking my brain with it for a few days and can not find any solution,

I have the following config file,

group website
{
        host web-staging (wwwsite) ;
        key /etc/csync2/key.d/www.key;

        include /www/site_under_maintains/*;

        exclude *~ .*;

        auto younger;
}

​when I run csync2 -x I get this error messages;

​# csync2 -x index.html
While syncing file /www/site_under_maintains/index.html:
ERROR from peer wwwsite: File is also marked dirty here!
Auto-resolving conflict: Won 'master/slave' test.
While syncing file /www/site_under_maintains/index.html:
ERROR from peer wwwsite: File is also marked dirty here!
ERROR: Auto-resolving failed. Giving up.
Finished with 2 errors.
Also check the -vvv output on the receiving side.

Other thoughts:
Something constantly touching that file?
Permissions problems?
Different timestamp granularity?

Funky symlink stuff along the paths?

Thanks, seems to be a symlink related problem

on host1 the source dir was: /www
while on host2 the real dir was under /mnt/nfs/www which /www was pointing to (/www -> /mnt/nfs/www/)

I changed the csync2 config file and used prefix to point %www% directly to the original folders for each host.
which seems to solve my problem.