On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 11:11 AM, Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenb...@linbit.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 09:28:16PM -0400, Brian Blater wrote:
> > This is what I have in the csync2.cfg:
> >
> > nossl * *;
> >
> > group production {
> >         key /etc/csync-production-group.key;
> >         host server1;
> >         host server2;
> >         include /data;
> >         exclude /data/conflict;
> >         exclude *~ .*;
> >         action {
> >                 pattern /data/*;
> >                 logfile "/var/log/csync2/csync2.log";
>
> That would log the output of the *action*
> (but you did not define any).
>
> action being some command to be called
> if csync2 updated a file matching pattern.
>
> intended use case would be a pattern matching some apache conf files,
> and an action that basically does "apachectl graceful", once that
> conf file has been copied over.
>
> >                 do-local;
> >         }
> >         auto none;
> > }
> >
> > I'm not getting any logging at all. I can't figure out if the pattern is
> > wrong or what. I basically want csync2 to log what it does in the log
> file,
> > but I can't get it working.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> If you want csync2 to log what it does,
> you have to increase its "verbosity" (add -v...),
> and possibly tell it to use syslog.
> it usually should redirect to syslog anyways,
> if it detects that it has no tty.

Thanks Lars for your comments. I'm just getting back to this problem
because my day job got overly busy.

Anyways, what I really want is the information I see when running csync2
-xv to go to a log file. I basically want to see what csync2 has done i.e.
what files were updated, what files were deleted etc. Right now if I run
csync2 -xv from the terminal window I see something like this:

Marking file as dirty: /data/users/bblater/testing6.txt
Marking file as dirty: /data/users/bblater/testing5.txt
Marking file as dirty: /data/users/bblater/testing3.txt
Marking file as dirty: /data/users/bblater/testing.20151010.081120.txt
Connecting to host server2 (PLAIN) ...
Deleting /data/users/bblater/testing6.txt on 280z.blaterfamily.org ...
File is already up to date on peer.
Deleting /data/users/bblater/testing5.txt on 280z.blaterfamily.org ...
File is already up to date on peer.
Deleting /data/users/bblater/testing3.txt on 280z.blaterfamily.org ...
File is already up to date on peer.
Deleting /data/users/bblater/testing.20151010.081120.txt on
280z.blaterfamily.org ...
File is already up to date on peer.
Finished with 0 errors.

I want that to go to a log file so that I can then look at the log file and
see what errors there were if any and what files where moved.

However, I cannot seem to get logging for csync2.

I've got some other questions, but I don't want to clutter this thread, so
I'll start a new one.

Thanks,
Brian