On Sun, Apr 03, 2016 at 01:44:08PM +0300, Rabin Yasharzadehe wrote:
> I like to monitor a folder for syncing, but to ignore a specific file,
> but still sync all the folder if any other file will change.
>
> e.g
>
> monitor the folder /tftpboot
> ignore the file /tftboot/.git/index
>
> the file index will change every time i run the command git status,
> which will trigger a unrequited sync.

You can either ignore that file (add an exclude pattern).
Or not.

"Ignore most of the time unless something else has changed as well"
is not a mode implemented in csync2.

If you can suggest how such a "include-but-dont-trigger" mode
would be implemented, go ahead.

I don't see why you would sync git repos with csync2, though.
Just git push instead...

    Lars