-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 12/27/98 6:27:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> My 5-year-old son
>  Jack recently saw a picture of Clinton and said, "He lied." I couldn't
>  disagree

Where were all these 5-year old kids when Gingrich, as though in a sign of
thing to come, was found to have had blow jobs in his congressional office,
claiming to the women, two of whom stepped forward, that since it was oral sex
it didn't count.  Where are these youngsters when livingston turns out to have
had sex (in what sounds like not exactly affairs but service for service swaps
with comely female lobbyists) in his office?  There are others of course and
they all lied.  Are these 5-year olds strangely selective?  When our kids were
young, there were scandals also but our youngsters were not continually coming
forward with "Why would that mean old person lie?"  Could it be that these
assorted stories about "what to tell the innocents" are so much horse shit?

Another bit of hogwash we've heard a lot of recently is that everything was
wonderful until those young people demonstrated against the Vietnam War in the
1960s.  Of course, the reality is that these demonstrators, seeing that the
war was evil, attempted to bring the war to a halt, thereby saving American
and Vietnamese lives.

Another thing those terrible liberals of the 1960s did was help to bring a
screeching halt to the corrupt way of life of the Jim Crow south.  The battle
for civil rights was costly and the snivelers of today can thank those who
paid the price to achieve the openness of today's society.  Obviously, monster
controversial issues are still with us in the form of poverty and environment.
Both involve corporate exploitation and media manipulation.

Jerry