-Caveat Lector-

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> <<
>  They were also stupid enough not to realize the value of personal
ownership
> of wealth,  and the productive power of capitalism... After all,
that's why they
> were
> living in  tents and barely subsisting... "Hunters and gatherers"
don't have any
> capital to carry  them over in hard times (such as a bad hunting
season).
> "Tribal mentality" is the  same as "slave mentality," which isn't
known to
> result in creation of wealth and  prosperity. >>
>
> The Native Americans should have been ashamed of themselves not to
realize the
> commercial value of property.

Not necessarily... If they chose to live a bare subsistence lifestyle,
why should
I care, or why they care what I care?

> Of coure they were doing beautifully before the colonists started
killing them,

True... unless you consider them killing each other off, capturing each
other for
slaves, and looting each other's meager belongings as something less
than
desireable.

> but they just should have understood that grabbing the most of
everything is the
> mark of true civilization.

Maybe they were smarter than that, but dumb enough not to understand
that
producing wealth is preferable to plundering and scavaging.

> Maybe they already understood the words I saw on an announcement board
outside a
> local church.  "When we die, we leave what we have and take what we
are."

Yep... They were a bunch of sweethearts all right.  Kind and gentle...
noble
savages all.

Hawk