-Caveat Lector-

Edward Britton wrote:

> Yes, I believe, based on what I have read and have heard from Libertarian
> pundits, that Libertarians subscribe to the same basic philosophies as
> Republicans with respect to government. The only possible exception, again,
> according to my experience and research, is that Libertarians are more
> closely aligned with anarchy than fascism.
***
Republicans, in general, advocate both economic and social
interventions. Libertarians advocate neither. That seems to me to be a
rather greater difference then you would indicate above.

In a recent discussion with a very liberal friend of mine he asked me
for my definition of fascism. I replied that it was a system of
government which does not own the means of production (as in communism)
but controls these businesses and society in general through regulation.
He agreed with me on this. What is your definition of fascism?

Both groups seek a
> rationalization for an otherwise socially heinous subscription to social
> Darwinism.

***
Please define what you mean by social Darwinism. I have never heard a
libertarian say that they were a social Darwinist.

> Yes, I have labored through Mein Kamph, and I also realize that there is
> only an ideological difference at best between Hitler's "form of
> government" and that proposed, in-practice, by Republicans and
> Libertarians. This is especially true in regard to the need for political
> scapegoats (e.g., the homeless or welfare recipients) and scapegoating
> (e.g., stereotyping).

***
The need for scapegoats is a form of government? You mean like the
Department of Scapegoating?