-Caveat Lector-

Jim Condit Jr. wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> Yes, it is true, the Brokaw book, The Greatest Generation is a tribute by
> the Ruling Elite to the hapless generation of dupes that spilt the blood and
> made the sacrifices to make many of the Ruling Elite's dreams come true.
>
> While it is true that this generation has exhibited an unshakable and
> deplorable fatalism, especially in the last few decades, (never has so many
> done so little with so much!) -- and yet, there is still something admirable
> in the discipline and self-sacrifice of this generation. If our generation
> (25-50 or so) could combine an equal discipline and spirit of self-sacrifice
> to the greatly increased critical thinking that is now extant -- we would
> have something. Jim Condit Jr.

I agree. My parents generation were certainly hard workers and put up
with a lot more then we would. Even at 73, my mother is still busy
helping others by running an english as a second language course at her
church and helping a woman on a regular basis who has lost her ability
to speak. And my father is still out helping record musicicians, design
sound systems and help people out in various ways. I have a lot of
respect for them. However, they really didn't and still don't have a
clue as to what is going on in the world. (Which may be a particial
explanation for their unquestioning enthusiasm for much which I find
questionable).

What if our generation made the real sacrifices their did with our
greater understanding of the way the world works and was able to
actually change it?

Howard Davis