-Caveat Lector-

As usual, dear G. Harp, you accidentally or on purpose miss the point. The
writer you are criticizing was making the point (by implication in this
case) that FDR was going to get the US into the war somehow, which we NEVER
would have been dragged into if FDR and Churchill weren't figuring ways to
provoke somebody to attack us. FDR cut off key natural resources that Japan
needed until their backs were against the wall and they attacked. This does
NOT mean that the leaders of Japan were good guys, just that they could be
provoked. Check it out, as soon as Japan attacked us, FDR sent 90% of the
soldiers and materials to Europe. Oops! no shortage of money now, like there
had been during all those Great Depression years. Yes, FDR and his bosses at
the FED were plenty tricky, and they duped an entire generations of America
on many fronts. If I were alive then, I don't know if I would have caught on
either. In my mind the US soldiers are still heros in the sense they gave
all for what they thought was a good cause. That leaves your buddy FDR as
triple despicable, super war criminal that he was. You might read Joseph
McCarthy's excellent, superbly and totally documented, and crytal clearly
understandable book (originally a speech on the Senate Floor), America's
Retreat from Victory, to get the details on how FDR and dead-eyed traitor
George Catlett Marshall pulled off the provocaton of Japan, and then kept
the intelligence from the Pearl Harbor Admirals to make sure the damage was
maximum. Then the diabolical (word chosen deliberately and not for
hyperbolly) FDR went on TV and spoke about a day that "will live in
infamy" -- yea, but before it's all over, it will be HE, a cold blooded
murderer of his own goy troops, that will live in infamy because of that
day. Jim Condit Jr.