-Caveat Lector-

Well, buddy, aren't you one. The news was about laws in Europe against these
bold-face lies. The news wasn't about validation of the spurious claim of a
hoax.

keep up this bs and you are outta here.

In a message dated 12/10/98 10:33:18 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>As a kid one of the greatest factors that made
>me have sympathy for the "jews" was a movie
>called "The diary of Anne Frank"
>It was all about a poor little jewish girl and her
>family hiding out in ww2.
>The movie displayed the poor little girl hiding
>out in terror and how finally the dirty Germans
>found them and took them to prison camps.
>Poor little Anne was never heard from again.
>
>#1  Begin to look at the records of the Frank
>family and know what their heridity actually is.
>#2  Today on the news (dec 10, 98 - channel 4)
>It was revealed that the "Diary of Anne Frank"
>was never the Diary of Anne Frank, it was a
>hoax created by her "father" to get rich from.
-----
from:
http://www.nizkor.org/features/qar/qar56.html

-----
Indepth Links in article at Nizkor site. There is no Zundel rebuttal.
-----
QAR 56:

A Reply to the IHR/Zündel's "Q&A" Number 56

56. Is the Anne Frank Diary genuine?

The IHR says (original):

No, the evidence compiled by Ditlieb Felderer of Sweden and Dr. Robert
Faurisson of France establishes conclusively that the famous diary is a
literary hoax.

The IHR says (revised):

No. Evidence compiled by Dr. Robert Faurisson of France establishes that
the famous diary is a literary hoax.

Nizkor replies:

Ditlieb Felderer is a notorious neo-Nazi, who spent time in a Swedish
prison for spreading hate propaganda. He is best-known for mailing
snippets of hair to Jews in Europe, and asking them sarcastically if
this can be proven to be hair from a gassed Jew. He has also written
many disgusting tracts involving sex and Nazi murder. One which is too
repulsive to repeat here describes (sarcastically) how cyanide gas
influences a female sexual organ.

Part of the "evidence" which Felderer "compiled" is the following, in
which he argues ironically that the diary cannot be totally forged
because it seems to have been written by a Jew:

THE ANAL COMPLEX

We feel that another forceful reason why the Anne Frank Diary cannot be
entirely dismissed as a fictitious story is its preoccupation with the
anus and excrements, a trait typical of many Jews. Pornography and
excretal fantasies have always fascinated them.... Jewish writings have
been infused with stories about the reproductive and excremental
functions. ...

... Although we cannot dismiss the argument that these excremental
preoccupations are mere fancies on the part of the author or authors
there are good reasons to believe the stories are genuine and are in
part reflecting some of the foremost thoughts of the occupants. Even if
they were invented they nevertheless splendidly depict the anal complex,
of an ancient, cultural people.

Note that the IHR omits the reference to Felderer in the revised
version. Again, as revisionism tries to move from the antisemitic
fringes into the mainstream, they must jettison or at least disguise
their ties to people like this.

Dr. Robert Faurisson is at least not as crude as Felderer. But he is not
a historian, forensic expert, or handwriting expert. He was a professor
of literature at the University of Lyons. The testimony of this
"foremost Holocaust authority" regarding the authenticity of the
writings of Anne Frank was rejected by the Frankfurt Oberlandesgericht
(Higher Regional Court) in 1979.

In 1981, Faurisson was called before a French judge in order to
substantiate his statement on the radio and in various publications that
the gas chambers had never existed. He received a three-month suspended
sentence and was ordered to pay fines and damages for defamation,
incitement to discrimination, race hatred and racial violence. The
sentence was confirmed on appeal.

Faurisson's strange sense of what constitutes evidence is described well
by Michael Shermer in an open letter to revisionists.

In 1981, the Netherlands State Institute for War Documentation submitted
Anne Frank's handwritten diaries to the Dutch State Forensic Science
Laboratory of the Ministry of Justice to determine their authenticity.
The State Forensic Science Laboratory examined the materials used -- the
ink, paper, glue, etc. -- and the handwriting and issued a report of
some 270 pages:

The report of the State Forensic Science Laboratory has convincingly
demonstrated that both versions of the diary of Anne Frank were written
by her in the years 1942 to 1944. The allegations that the diary was the
work of someone else (after the war or otherwise) are thus conclusively
refuted.

Furthermore, that despite corrections and omissions...the Diary of Anne
Frank [i.e., the published version of the diaries] does indeed contain
"the essence" of Anne's writings, and that there are no grounds on which
the term "forgery" can be applied to the work of the editors or
publishers of the book.

The most common complaint against the diary is that it contains writing
in a ballpoint pen, and that ballpoints were not popular until after
Anne's death. This is a fraudulent but persistent myth. The only
ballpoint ink in the diary were on slips of paper known to be inserted
by someone other than Anne anyway. The writings of Anne herself are,
needless to say, not in ballpoint.

See Frank, Anne, The Diary of Anne Frank: The Critical Edition, 1989,
pp. 96, 166 (full citation available).

[ Previous | Index | Next ]

The Nizkor Project
[EMAIL PROTECTED]