-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 12/10/98 1:07:12 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

>  Yet, what saddens Ms. Noonan the most is that our schools are teaching
>  our young boys and girls – the future of America – the sins of racism
>  (and all the other "..isms") rather than the important virtues of
>  [American] patriotism.

Ain't it something how the righteous right snivels and whines in their angst
whenever a bit of warts and all truth seeps out about America's past.  It is
clear that the reason the
republicans do want any of the dark side exposed is not due to their draft
dodging patriotic fervor.  It is because they are the beneficiaries of the
various tax laws and other favors to business owners, rentiers, and corporate
executives.  It is to the benefit of the ruling elite and their servants, the
Republicans, that America be seen only as a bright shining beacon, a place
where the middle class isn't getting screwed, their are no 40 million poor,
there aren't more folks in jail per capita than any other country, no
universal health insurance, 15 million alcoholics, etc.  Everything is
terrific for us cotton pickers.  The massa lets the preacher, Bill Bennett,
preach at us and it's just wunerful.

BTW, do you notice how the excruciatingly sensitive Ms. Noonan puts thing in
terms of either/or.  If you tell them about the evil, you can't tell them
about the good.  Does this reporter suck-up think that we read without
thought?

Jerry harp