-Caveat Lector-

nurev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> >  -Caveat Lector-
> >
> > In a message dated 1/21/99 7:38:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> >
> > << But there's another factor operating in my presence on the list. It is
> >  precisely my background in intelligence and related matters that brings
me
> >  here, *because I know damn well that conspiracies make the world go
round.
> >  It's not one overarching Illuminati or Luciferian or Satanic or Jewish or
> >  Lutheran or any other kind of group behind the scenes; rather, it's a
> >  hodge-podge of all sorts of self-defined elites and wannabes, who
claim--and
> >  maybe believe--that they really do run things... And sometimes they wind
up
> >  cooperating, sometimes they compete, sometimes they just cancel each
other
> >  out. And it's virtual places like CTRL that provide the best vantage
points
> >  from which to observe and study these various conspiracies.
>
> I think that the above statement is very accurate. But on a functional
> level it is irrelevant because you can't identify " them " in a way to
> actually do something about it.
>
> That is why I identify " them " in a practical framework. The thing
> these
> elites have in common is that they are RICH. They and their corporate
> hirelings and political hirelings are what constitutes the Elite. The
> Power
> Elite. As differentiated from the Hollywood elite, academic elite,
> media
> elite, etc... All the other elites wind up serving the Power Elite
> because
> that's where the capital is.
>
> All the rest of society winds up serving the Rich because their wealth
> causes the vital institutions of any society to serve THEM at the
> expense
> of everyone else. This is most obvious in the USA. Even the CIA which
> is
> ostensibly America's intelligence institution is nothing more than the
> Power Elite's secret police. They couldn't figure out that the USSR
> was
> collapsing, but they really know how to overthrow governments that
> wish to
> serve their own people and not foreign corporations.
>
> The common denominator is WEALTH.
>
> Joshua2

I have absolutely no quarrel with your comment, Joshua. There *is* an
overarching "conspiracy" consisting of the Power Elite, the Moneyed Classes,
the Plutocracy, the Cryptocracy, the Oligarchy...and all of the little
competing elites are part of the broader group. The problem is that some (not
all) of them think that they *are* the broader group, or would like to be, and
they are forever jockeying for power *within* the Power Elite (might as well
use Mills's phrase, it expresses a lot). Much of the confusion we see here on
the list about Brits vs. Vatican, Rothschilds vs. Rockefellers, Masons, Priory
of Sion, etc., etc., ad infinitumque nauseam, stems from this competition
within the Elite. (Of course, a certain amount of the confusion is due to a
sizable helping of desinformatsiya...which undoubtedly includes some of the
reports about conflicts between conspiracies.) But over and above all other
criteria, the one genuine common denominator in all of the conspiratorial
elites is, indeed, Wealth. And whenever I hear some pundit nattering on about
how individual investment in the stock market means that wealth is evenly
distributed, etc., I want to ask, "How much of *your* wealth did you share
with the homeless people you stepped over on your way to the studio today?"
Call it Wealth, call it Property, call it Mammon, call it The
Marketplace...we've put it on a pedestal, erected an altar, and are in the
process of sacrificing ourselves to it.

Bob

=================================
Robert F. Tatman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Remove "nospam" from the address to reply.

NOTICE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed
without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included
information for research and educational purposes. For
more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

POSTING THIS MESSAGE TO THE INTERNET DOES NOT IMPLY PERMISSION TO SEND UNSOLICITED
COMMERCIAL E-MAIL (SPAM) TO THIS OR ANY OTHER INTERNET ADDRESS. RECEIPT OF SPAM WILL
RESULT IN IMMEDIATE NOTIFICATION OF THE SENDER'S ISP.