-Caveat Lector-

What i find most interesting with this current debate is the distinct
lack of knowledge being displayed across the CTRL community. In particular
regarding the rise of fascism in Britain (i know for sure we have a large
number of UK members on this list including the outspoken M.A.R.K.
(psuedonym)). I beg of you all to read my comments (particularly Teo1000, flw, J2
and Alamaine).

With the re-emergence of Fascist and far-right parties throughout Europe
and America, especially during the 1980's, we have been alerted to the
presence
of Racist and Fascist beliefs in our own country. In September 1993,
Derek Beackon of the Nazi British National Party was elected to a council seat
in
East London. Despite being defeated at the next election, he increased
his vote by a third. It would be a mistake to think of Neo-Fascists as a
bunch of
skinhead thugs picking on ethnic groups that they see as lower than then
on the social ladder. The traditional stereotype of Nazi 'thugs' does hold
true for
the majority, but their actions are often organised and directed by small
cliques of, intelligent and systematic individuals. The Neo-Nazi revival
is not just a
mish-mash of 'fascist filth' and 'racist scum' (ANL newsletter, 1996),
but a highly organised and well orchestrated attempt to sway majority
opinion (take note Teo1000).

How do Neo-Fascist organisations attempt to win over the public in a
Britain that is greatly opposed to them? Firstly, and most importantly, by not
appearing to be Nazi in origin (unlike M.A.R.Ks ridiculous suggestion
last week!!). In 1967, in a letter to William Pierce of the American Nazi