-Caveat Lector-

Impeach The Rapist
By Joseph Farah

© 1999 Western Journalism Center

Interesting, isn't it, that not one member of Congress has come forward to
call for the impeachment of William Jefferson Clinton for moral turpitude
in light of the accusations of Juanita Broaddrick?

So, let the chorus begin here: It's way past time to throw this bum out of
office. He's a disgrace to his office. He's a detriment to his country. And
he's an embarrassment to the human race.

I believe Juanita. And, I would dare say, 95 percent of Americans in their
heart of hearts do as well. There's just no reason not to find her
credible. In a he-said-she-said contest, Clinton's got to lose. He's played
all his cards. He's denied the undeniable one-too-many times.

It's time to recall the arguments against impeachment and conviction the
last time around.

"It's about consensual sex," we heard over and over again ad nauseum. Well,
folks, this isn't. This is about force, about coercion, about violence,
about rape.

"It doesn't rise to the level of a high crime or misdemeanor," we heard
repeated on every talking head show night after night, week after week.
Well, how about rape? Does that rise to the level of a high crime or
misdemeanor, Barney Frank?

It's time to put on trial those clowns who stood by their man despite
overwhelming evidence of perjury and obstruction of justice. What are they
going to say about Juanita Broaddrick? That the statute of limitations has
run out? What's a little rape between friends? I'd love to hear the
rationalizations this time.

But, of course, there's no sign we will ever hear any explanations from
Clinton's chorus in Congress or from the commander-in-cheat himself.
There's only one thing that can force them to defend the indefensible -- a
spontaneous uprising by the American people. They've got to say it loud and
say it clear: We've had enough. It's time for abuser-in-chief to go.

I don't care about "political realities." I don't care that it may be
impossible to get 67 votes in the Senate if this guy murdered a saint on
live television. I don't care that another impeachment case would be a
distraction.

Let me tell you about realpolitick. The Congress of the United States and
the court of public opinion are the only avenues left for justice -- for
Juanita Broaddrick and for the rest of America.

America cannot tolerate a rapist in the White House. And Bill Clinton is
not denying Juanita Broaddrick's charges. He won't even acknowledge them.
He sends his lawyers out to make parsed denials. He's betting that
Americans have so lost their moral bearings that they won't demand
accountability.

If feminists and the religious right can't get together on this one, they
will never agree on anything again. If this doesn't bridge the gender gap,
it's unbridgeable. If Clinton gets away with this one, add another felony
to the list of offenses -- perjury, abuse of power and now rape -- that
have been effectively decriminalized by Clinton's blind partisan
supporters.

There is no middle ground on this one. If you believe Juanita Broaddrick,
then you have to act to remove Clinton. Rape cannot be tolerated. We cannot
be apathetic about sexual predators in high office.

On the other hand, for those true believers who continue to stand by their
man, why are you not demanding that Clinton explain himself, tell where he
was at the time of the alleged attack, present his alibis, clear the air?

When was the last time you heard of a man accused of rape issuing a "no
comment"? Put yourself in that position: If you were unjustly accused of
such a heinous crime, how would you react? Would you casually dismiss
questions when the entire country is talking about it? Does that sound
logical?

Remember how Clinton reacted so angrily and publicly about the far less
serious charge of adultery with Monica Lewinsky.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky," he
exhorted emphatically. Of course, it was a lie. But he behaved in a
reasonable way for a man pretending to be falsely accused. Let's at least
demand to see another show, another lie. We deserve that much.

Or maybe we don't. Maybe America is getting just what it deserves in Bill
Clinton. Maybe he's our curse, our judgment, for not being able to
determine the difference between right and wrong.

"If we and our posterity reject religious instruction and authority,
violate the rules of eternal justice, trifle with the injunctions of
morality, and recklessly destroy the political constitution which
holds us together, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may
overwhelm us, that shall bury all our glory in profound obscurity."
-Daniel Webster
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     The Patriot Resource Center:
                                 http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/6627/