-Caveat Lector-

"Prudence L. Kuhn" wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> In a message dated 3/12/99 10:03:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> writes:
>
> << > Linda Tripp is an unprincipled and vindictive creep placed in the White
> House
>  > by George Bush.  She accepted her mission with the Democratic White House
> as
>  > one in which she should cause as much dissention as possible.  When they
>  > finally realized what she was and sent her to the Pentagon (retaining her
>  > four-star general's salary), she continued on her mission.  I have a lot of
>  > friends working in Public Affairs for the military.  None of them are paid
> as
>  > much as Tripp is getting.
>  > Of course, none of them are taping their friends for Ken Starr.  They just
>  > don't have what it takes to get ahead.  Prudy
>  >
>  > Prudy, I would hope you could support that with some sort of evidence.
> Surely,
>  > you are not just "Proselyzting propaganda" with no proof, are you? >>
>
> I would think that if you have been paying attention, you would be well aware
> of what Ms. Tripp has accomplished.  As for her fantastic salary, just check
> with OPM and find out how many folks in public affairs are making over 90,000
> pa.  Prudy

Reply:
It depends on what level you are at and what your job position.  If you are saying
that Tripp was paid that much because she was working for Mr. Starr and her "job"
was to tape the slut, then that is a pile of dung and you have no proof of such.
The job Tripp has/had, did not just occur last year.  She has earned a similar
salary for a long time.
As far as what she has accomplished, I applaud her for having the guts to take on
the system.  She was right and stood by her principles.  A lessor person would
have said, "f--- it" and found another job.
So, now what?  Is this where you start calling me names and insulting me to change
the subject?  I'm sorry, that might not be your style and it might not be called
for, but it seems to be the procedure when someone on this list disagrees with
another.
Jim Norman