-Caveat Lector-

> Just like Bush is a dry drunk, the Libertarian agenda is as well on this
> issue.  They can only see things in selfish terms.  When your "s**t"
> infringes on my life then property rights are moot.

Don't confuse true libertarianism with right wing 'anti-environmentalism.'

True free market libertarians adamantly support the personal and property rights
of aggrieved citizens who suffer personal and property damage due to the
destructive activities of others.

Generally one has the undisputed right to enjoy his/her own property in the
manner they see fit AS LONG AS the use does not impose damages on the person or
property of others. The common law historically permitted actions against
persons and property that cause 'waste' to the person or property of others.

Unfortunately the traditional private right to bring legal action to enjoin or
seek damages against those who cause damage to others because of the misuse of
their property has been severely restricted by government. Private citizens no
longer have 'standing' to bring private legal action against polluters and must
pursue governmental administrative, i.e. generally ineffective, legal remedies.

Too often governmental agencies that have been granted statutory exclusivity to
enforce environmental standards are politically manipulated by those who seek to
misuse their property at the expense of others and private parties are barred
from bringing  private legal action.

BTW, true libertarians oppose corporations being granted the legal fiction of
'personhood' or 'citizenship' or permitted special rights and privileges by the
state. True libertarians oppose such anti free market concepts such as limited
liability and the shielding of shareholders personal assets from corporate
liability.

Any grant of special rights and privileges to any one segment of society is
anathema to true libertarians.
flw

www.ctrl.org