-Caveat Lector-

Das GOAT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  -Caveat Lector-
>
>      Where did these "Mafiosi" get their programming for violent, antisocial
> behavior?
>
>      "Leader Eric Harris wore German insignia, spoke German, loved violent
> video games -- and, after graduating, intended to join the military.
>      "``He was into combat more than anyone else I've ever seen,'' Beard
> said.
>      "From [age 11 to 14]  Harris [was an "army brat" and] lived at the Air
> Force base in Plattsburgh, NY, where his father was a pilot ..."
>
>      No need to go calling for gun control, Internet censorship, or rock
> music bans ...
>      If you really want to save kidz's minds from being warped by the
> romanticizing of violence and the glamorizing of guns and combat, STOP THE
> *MILITARIZATION* OF EVERY ASPECT OF AMERICAN SOCIETY, including Hollywood
and
> network TV ....

Amen! Seems to me that DoD has been doing some masterful "product placement"
of late. For one organization's approach to this problem, see the Youth and
Militarism Program of the American Friends Service Committee,
http://www.afsc.org/youthmil.htm.

Bob

=================================
Robert F. Tatman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Remove "nospam" from the address to reply.

NOTICE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is
distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in
receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For

more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

POSTING THIS MESSAGE TO THE INTERNET DOES NOT IMPLY PERMISSION TO SEND
UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL E-MAIL (SPAM) TO THIS OR ANY OTHER INTERNET ADDRESS.
RECEIPT OF SPAM WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE NOTIFICATION OF THE SENDER'S ISP.

http://webmail.netscape.com.

DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER
screeds are not allowed. Substanceónot soapboxing!  These are sordid matters
nazi's need not apply.