-Caveat Lector-

>In school today, I saw my peers laughing about the massacre which
>happened in Columbine yesterday. Some were giggling and joking
>around, pointing at people who were wearing black,

People deal with horror in different ways, and often the only way they
can cope with it is to laugh...not that they find it funny, per se,
that it just their type of coping mechanism...

As horrible as you may find it, guaranteed there's probably already
sick jokes on the Internet about the Columbine massacre...

Try to be a little more compassionate for your peers who are handling
this with a seemingly cavalier attitude...I'm sure if you scratch
their surface, you'll find that they are as horrified with it as you
are...but that their coping mechanism differs from yours...

>My belief is that this generation now, mine, is too callous and most
>likely cannot be changed to be aware of the actuality of horror..

Aw, hon...YOUR generation doesn't hold a candle to MY boomer
generation, when it comes to callousness and self-centeredness...

What I DO find with your generation is a tendency to have a problem
with self-control, especially impulse control, usually due to MY
generation having given you (and I'm speaking collectively here, not
referring to you personally) everything you wanted when you were
young...if you asked for it, especially if you demanded it via tears
and tantrums, it was given to you...and when a good many of your peers
reached adolescent and teen years, and suddenly had to face NOT
getting everything they wanted, when they were finally faced with some
limitations, they had no coping mechanisms to deal with it, since they
were never given the opportunity to learn at an early age, when it
would have been easy...

>>A lot of evil is coming out of Colorado; from Ted Bundy, the guy
>>that shot Reagan, these kids, the little Jon Benet Ramsey.....the
>>horrible movie that got the Oscar, about the butchers which was said
>>to be a comedy that got an academy award.<
>
>'Let's go to Colorado and destroy the evil! Colorado is terrible,
>let's put the blame there..'

Be patient with Colleen...the rest of us are (and are mildly bemused
by her posts)...she mistakenly believes Ted Bundy was from Colorado,
and forgot to mention Sonny Bono's death (and hey, while John Denver
died in California, he DID hail from Colorado and his last (adopted)
name WAS 'Denver'...)  ;-)

And she neglected to mention the evil paintings at the Denver Int'l
Airport...  ;-)

>But I'm just a high school student, I still don't really know
>anything, and I should keep my nose in my academics..

Hon, you sound very wise for your years, a lot wiser than many who are
much older than you...just keep hanging in there, you sound like
you're turning out alright...  ;-)

I'd be interested in finding out how you found out about this list,
and what motivated you to join all us middleaged old farts here... ;-)

June