Clinton and the Military   from a former CTRL subscriber

 http://www.reagan.com/HotTopics.main/document-4.23.1999.3.html
 ----------
 THE REAGAN INFORMATION INTERCHANGE
 www.reagan.com

 Newt Gingrich on America's Military Vulnerability

 On Dividing Our Military Budget into Defense and Policing

 America's Military Vulnerability

 Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has suggested America would be well
 served if we now thought about our military budget as being two parts:
 the
 Defense Budget and the Policing Budget.

 The Defense Budget is for those expenditures to protect America, our
 economic interests overseas, and the integrity of our security interests
 everywhere.

 The Policing Budget is for those expenditures to keep peace around the
 world and to intervene in conflicts where we must act because no other
 national can or will do so.

 President Clinton has created a national security emergency, neglecting
 the
 overall Defense Budget while stretching our troops around the world.

 The evidence:
 * America is dangerously close to running out of Air Launched Cruise
 Missiles
 --House Armed Services Committee

 * More than one half of the B-1B's at Ellsworth Air Force Base cannot
 fly a
 mission because they lack critical replacement parts
 --House Armed Services Committee

 * America is diverting planes from their patrols over the "Iraqi No-Fly
 Zone" in order to meet the requirements of the mission in Kosovo
 --House Armed Services Committee

 * Less than a month into a "small" operation, President Clinton is
 already
 calling up 33,000 reservists to active duty
 --House Armed Services Committee

 * The U.S.S. Enterprise nuclear Aircraft Carrier set sail short 400
 personnel
 --House Armed Services Committee

 * Today, there are 265,000 American troops stationed in 135 countries
 --House Armed Services Committee

 * There are no United States Aircraft Carriers in the Pacific Ocean
 --Frank Gaffney, Center for Security Policy.
      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 with the message:
      (un)subscribe ignition-point email@address

 or (un)subscribe ignition-point-digest email@address
 www.telepath.com/believer
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Jamie W. "visualize honest media" Jackson, truth addict

 "Strange it is that men should admit to the validity of the arguments
 for free discussion, but object to their being 'pushed to an extreme;'
 not seeing that unless the reasons are good for an extreme case, they
 are not good for any case. Strange that they should imagine that they
 are not assuming infallibility when they acknowledge that there should
 be free discussion on all subjects which can possibly be doubtful, but
 think that some particular principle or doctrine should be forbidden to
 be questioned because it is so certain, that is, because *they are
 certain* that it is certain. To call any proposition certain, while
 there is any one who would deny its certainty if permitted, is to assume
 that we ourselves, and those who agree with us, are the judges of
 certainty, and judges without hearing the other side."
 --John Stuart Mill, Chapter II, Of the Liberty of Thought and
 Discussion, On Liberty (1859)

If you still think that voting Republican is the "right" thing to do,
please get your head examined.