-Caveat Lector-

<< >The path clear, President Clinton ordered a summit with Hollywood on the
 >culture of teen violence (oblivious >to the irony as U.S. bombs pummeled
 >Yugoslavia),
 >
 >The "irony"completely passes me by.  From Bosnia through to Kosovo we have
 >seen endless reports of totally sickening, and mainly Serb, atrocities. We
 >seem to have tried every conceivable means of getting them to stop, with
no
 >success. Very, very reluctantly - more for reason of body-bags than
anything
 >else  - after umpteen threats, we have resorted to bombing. Rather than
 >being immoral, my inclination is to think it too little, too late. >>

REPLY

SIGN AWAY KOSOVO OR WE BOMB YOU WAS THE POLICY OF ALBRIGHT, BERGER AND COHEN

THE US-LED UNPROVOKED WAR ON YUGOSLAVIA IS A CONTRAVENTION OF THE CHARTER OF
THE UNITED NATIONS

NATO BOMBING HAS KILLED HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE, DISPLACED HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS,
AND DONE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF DAMAGE

The NATO attack upon Yugoslavia/Serbia is not for humanitarian objectives.
(SEE FOOTNOTES) American-led sanctions have resulted in the death of one and
a quarter million people in Iraq.
What other methods have been used in the name of the American people but
without their consent?  "Sometimes directed, but generally coordinated by
NATO, with participation of the C.I.A. and British secret service,"
clandestine groups have been used in Europe "for domestic political
purposes,
possibly even terrorism, to justify government crackdowns and defense
preparedness." (N.Y. Times N. 14, 1990 A29). Centralization of power is the
objective.
The direction in which we are being moved for the 21st century, is toward
centralization of power.  Peace, Democracy, free enterprise, are slogans
used
to sell acceptance of a loss of liberty to control our futures.  NATO and
the
European Union, and their extension eastward, represent European aggregation
of power under American patronage.  European military dependence is assured
through NATO command and American weapons requiring U.S. spare parts.
Political and economic control may be maintained through the banking system.
If the U.S.A. controls Europe, then whoever controls the U.S.A. controls the
greatest show on earth.
INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL FOR HUMAN ECOLOGY AND ETHNOLOGY
P.O. 7024, New York,     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     www.ichee.org
     NY. 10128-0010

FOOTNOTES
  NEW YORK TIMES_HEADLINE  APRIL 18, 1999
>How a President, Distracted by Scandal, Entered Balkan War >By ELAINE
SCIOLINO and ETHAN BRONNER
>On Jan. 19, President Clinton's top aides met in the Situation Room in the
>White House basement to hear a fateful new plan for an autonomous Kosovo
from >Madeleine K. Albright, the Secretary of State. NATO, she urged, should
use the threat of air strikes on Yugoslavia to force a peace agreement to be
monitored by the alliance's ground troops. //END OF QUOTE The BOMBING  was
the policy of Albright, Berger, and Cohen.

  In an interview with U.S. Secretary of State (then Ambassador) Albright
(May 12, 1996) on the TV program '60 Minutes,' for which Leslie Stahl was
given a Columbia University School of Journalism award in 1997, she said
that
U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization figures showed that half a million
children died from starvation as a result of the American-led sanctions
against Iraq.
"I mean, that's more than died in Hiroshima.  And, you know, is the price
worth it?"
Ambassador Albright: "I think this is a very hard choice, but the price-we
think the price is worth it."