-Caveat Lector-

From: Sno0wl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Not again!!!!  Did anyone else see the story about the impending >Coast
>Guard announcement?

Just before I went to bed last night, CNN had a 'crawl' on the bottom of
their screen that the Coast Guard was set to make an announcement at 9:30 pm
EDT...this morning they said the announcement was that they've called off
the 'search and rescue', and instead are conducting a 'search and
recoverty', implying they think that whatever there is to find won't include
living beings...

Now, if this was what was ORIGINALLY intended to be announced last night, or
what was decided was politically prudent to announce, who knows?

But at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'd like to keep reminding
readers of this list that no matter WHAT version of 'the truth' one is now
drawn to, the fact of the matter is that for the first 12 hours or so of the
search, the search parties didn't have a clue on what area to focus on (or
were deliberately not given one)...it wasn't until late Saturday afternoon
that reports regarding a supposed explosion, and reports regarding the radio
tower at the Martha's Vineyard airport being in contact with Kennedy when he
was only 10 miles from the coast, began to be reported.

If these reports reflect 'the truth', then one must ask WHY the witnesses to
the supposed explosion didn't report it the night before; why the airport
authorities didn't report Kennedy's plane missing when it didn't show up
shortly after their supposed conversation with him; why these same airport
officials supposedly witnessed a somewhat (at the very least) rapid descent
of the plane which then never showed up...seems to me that if these reports
are indeed 'the truth', then the search party would have been concentrating
on a 20 mile perimeter around Martha's Vineyard, instead combing most of
Long Island Sound and a goodly portion of the Atlantic south of Long Island,
in the first 12 hours of the search...

IF the witnesses to the supposed explosion, and the airport officials aren't
lying, then the question must be asked "Why was the search seemingly
deliberately set far afield in the first 12 hours?"

We must also keep in mind that the reports we're now getting regarding an
explosion, and the airport talking to Kennedy when he was only a few miles
away, are recent media stories, and as such may themselves be
disinformation.  The first reports I heard on Saturday morning only
mentioned one fisherman who may have seen Kennedy's plane -- and according
to this fisherman, not only was there no explosion, the plane 'disappeared
without a sound' -- whatever THAT may mean...

And the Saturday morning reports had the Martha's Vineyard airport tower
last talking to Kennedy some 20 minutes before he was due to land, not a
minute or two...

And if they DID last talk to him 20 minutes before, it then raises the
question as to why Kennedy didn't radio for landing clearance as he neared
the airport...and especially if he couldn't SEE the landing strip, as some
reports claim would have been the case on a dark and hazy night...

If he DID talk to the airport as he was coming in for a landing, it would
seem he didn't indicate any trouble, like not being able to see the
airport...and again, if THIS version is true, why then didn't the airport go
on alert when Kennedy didn't show up?

June   :-7