-Caveat Lector-

BURNING QUESTION

An alert reader from the Council Bluffs Rifle and Pistol Club in Iowa
brought to my attention that the authenticity of the following quotation is
dubious. I have since learned that the quote has been surrounded by
considerable controversy for some time.
----
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation
has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more
efficient, and the world will follow us into the future" - Adolph Hitler,
1935

----
I have seen this quote cited in various sources with the notation that
Hitler was quoted "loosely" in the Berlin Daily on April 15, 1935 on page 3,
Article 2, Abscheid vom Hessenland.
My persistent friend from Iowa contacted the NRA, who are familiar with this
controversial quotation. They indicate that no record has ever been found of
a Berlin Daily from that time period.

So I'm asking YOU for help. Please email me if you can shed any light on the
origin of this quote. If it is a hoax, do you know where it originated? Your
help is sincerely appreciated.
http://pages.prodigy.com/geoffc/hitler.htm

BACK TO GEOFF'S FIREARMS AND FREEDOM PAGE
 http://pages.prodigy.net/geoffc/gunlinks.htm

Folks, As a personal note,
I made my debut in Council Bluffs, Iowa.
Won't tell you the Year though.
lol

Bard

Visit me at:
The Center for Exposing Corruption in the Federal Government
http://www.xld.com/public/center/center.htm

Federal Government defined:
....a benefit/subsidy protection racket!