-Caveat Lector-

Hi David,

My source (as I attributed it in my post) is third or fourth-hand at best...
the information was passed to me and attributed thusly:
> Orange County Register
> Letters to the Editor Section
> 8/4/99
and can be found verbatim on this site, which I located in response to your
request:
http://www.geoffmetcalf.com/aus.html
It appears that the NRA would be fully informed on this- if you should
manage to get in touch with anyone there who has an interest in the current
WORLDWIDE "gun control" ("gun control means being able to hit your target"
:)  portion of the NWO agenda, please keep me "in the loop."

In the process of researching this data for you, I've found some other
related information, all of which shows a disturbing PATTERN of government
sponsored GUN CONFISCATION, which is "justified" by the CONTROLLED media,
which we are seeing HERE in America presently engaged in whipping up the
kind of frenzy which preceded the Australian gun CONFISCATION LEGISLATION
utilizing incidents similar to the very SUSPICIOUS 1000%
over-emotionalized/overpublicized incidents conveniently grouped together
recently in the U.S.- in which covert government activity has been noted-
where "mass" public shooting incidents have occurred.

If you are not already aware of covert government involvement in recent
incidents at Columbine and Granada Hills (probably Atlanta as well) -feel
free to call on me to provide you with sources by which you may inform
yourself on "our" government's criminal covert operations which appear to be
at the root of the "anti-gun" and "anti-militia" terrorism against the
Citizens of the several united States.

I imagine you are aware of the gun control-related WACO mass murder in which
we have just seen publically admitted- the U.S. military's "secret" Delta
Force group (based in N.C.) partipated-  military incendiary devices were
found in the debris by Texas Rangers (who are HONEST and un-controlled by
NWO government factions, apparently) .. this is "in the news" at this
moment.

Back to Australia

Found a rather direct source indicating Australian Gov't funding was
circuitously provided to "Gun control" advocacy/activist group(s) in the
public sector:
http://www.ssaa.org.au/Senate1.html

More on gun control in OZ- this site mentions the following blurb:
STOP PRESS:  In early May 99, the Herald Sun published a table produced by
the Monash University's Accident Research Centre that said there were 628
deaths from the shooting sports in Victoria in the period 1989 - 1995.

The ARC later admitted that the true number of such deaths was *not 628, but
4.*   This is not a misprint. ..... 4. However the Herald Sun has since
published a letter to the editor identifying just how wrong the public
perception is about the shooting sports.
http://www.alphalink.com.au/~tonka/index.htm

Dave Hartley
http://www.Asheville-Computer.com
http://www.ioa.com/~davehart