-Caveat Lector-

Tape two tennis ball cans together at the ends, after the
top and bottom have been removed so you have a long
cylinder.  Tape a coke can to the bottom of that with the
pour spout facing into this tube.  Punch a small hole at the
bottom outside rim of the coke can...get ya some rubbing
alcohol and pour about a tablespoon down the tube into the
coke can...shake vigorously...drop a t-ball into the tube
and hold a match to the hole at the bottom of the coke can
while pointing AWAY from you...boom...shoots that tennis
ball a loooooong way...can be modified to suit the need...
Potatoes have been known to have been used as impromptu
silencers for handguns by...you guessed it...IRA operatives.
The first bomb I learned about was from Ripleys believe it
or not...it told of a guy who cheated the hangman by taking
a pack of cellulose playing cards and shredding them and
soaking them in water...after the mass dried he packed the
stuff into a  pipe from his bed crimping both ends
well....on the day of his execution he built a small fire in
his cell and dropped his little surprise into it....it took
him, and his cell OUT, and severely damaged 2 other cells,
blew the walls out.  Cheated the hangman.  I was 12 when I
read this I think.  Believe it or not.
BG