-Caveat Lector-

THIS WILL BE THE LAST POSTING OF THIS REQUEST,  I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY
INFORMATION THAT YOU COULD FORWARD ME ON THE BELOW LISTED RESEARCH AND
SURVEY.

Dear Sir/Madam:

    I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is
Fred R. Saluga. I am an ex-law enforcement officer and a former chief of
police. I have numerous years experience in both civil and criminal
investigations and I am also a MUFO State Section Director and Licensed
Private Investigator in the State of Florida.

    Law enforcement agencies are repeatedly involved with people reporting
Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO's), alien abductions, cattle mutilations,
crop circles, and other phenomena associated with UFO's.

    The majority of these witnesses are under great emotional stress and turn
to the law enforcement community for help and guidance.

    For many years, law enforcement has borne the brunt of the public
concerning the mystery of UFO's.

    There are also numerous recorded cases of law enforcement officers who
have had UFO sightings and there are many other reports on file within the
law enforcement community concerning other types of UFO related incidents. It
should also be noted that these experiences are not uniquely American -  -
French, Italian, English, Canadian, and Australian Law Enforcement Officers
have been frequently involved with UFO sightings and other UFO related
phenomena.

    I am presently conducting extensive research on the topic of "UFO'S AND
THE LAW ENFORCEMENT RESPONSE TO THE PHENOMENA", and would appreciate your
assistance by completing the following survey that I have developed to assist
me with this research. I would appreciate, if you have the time, if you could
feel out the following survey with honest and complete answers and not with
just yes and no answers.  I AM VERY INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY, and
would like to thank you in advance for your time and cooperation regarding
this research.

    UFO'S AND THE LAW ENFORCEMENT RESPONSE TO THE PHENOMENA

    A. A common complaint among UFO witnesses and others who have claimed to
have a UFO experience or encounter is that law enforcement tends to be
unresponsive to their claims and shows an unwillingness to get involved in
UFO related incidents. Do you agree or disagree, please explain.

    B. Would the law enforcement community benefit by attending training on
UFO's and UFO related incidents to get a better understanding of the
phenomena?

    C. Could you list the reasons that you believe that law enforcement does
not want to become involved in the investigation of UFOs and UFO related
phenomena?

    D. Should law enforcement work with civilian investigators to advance the
use of crime scene investigative techniques and promote the collection of
forensic evidence?

    E. Do you believe that law enforcement and civilian investigators could
work together to solve the UFO mystery?

    F. Law enforcement officers are the first to receive a call relating to a
UFO incident or sifghting. How do you feel they should proceed after
receiving the call?

    G. Do you have knowledge of a law enforcement officer or law enforcement
agency that has investigated a UFO related incident and filed an official
police report on the incident? Please explain.

    H. Do you believe that local law enforcement would participate in a UFO
COVER-UP, if so ordered by a higher level of government?

    I. There are many psychological, physiological, and adverse potentials
associated with UFOs and UFO related incidents. Do you believe that law
enforcement should receive training in these areas to better serve the
community?

    J. Would you list the reasons that you believe that law enforcement
officers are reluctant to discuss UFOs in public?

    K. I would also appreciate your input on the law enforcement community
investigating abductions and any types of investigative techniques that you
believe would be help full in these investigations?

    I would also appreciate any comments that you may like to make on
anything that I have not covered above.

    I would like to thank you in advance for your time and cooperation
regarding the above request and all information that is forwarded will be
appreciated and assist me in my research. I am also willing to pay for any
articles and postage that anyone is willing to supply me. Confidentiality
will also be honored, and no information will be released unless permission
is granted. I would also appreciate if you could pass this survey on to your
friends, law enforcement officers and anyone else who would like to fill out
the survey.

Thank you,

Fred

Fred R. Saluga,