-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 11/2/99 5:16:28 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Of the 126,000 pages declassified in the first year of its work, 80,000 deal
>  with ``Project Paperclip,'' in which the government brought over German
>  scientists, some of whom later were identified as war criminals and sent
>  home, said a statement released Monday by the National Archives.

Of course the papers dealing with the people we kept on staff and allowed
into our most secret agencies who were most definitely war criminals WILL NOT
be included in this batch.

batch.
***************

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human
mind to correlate all its contents.
  We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of seas of infinity,
and it is not meant that we should
  voyage far.  The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have
hitherto harmed us little; but someday
  the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying
vistas of reality, and of our
  frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation
or flee from the deadly light into the
  peace and safety of a new dark age."  H.P.Lovecraft; "The Call of Cthulhu"