-Caveat Lector-

I definitely agree with you about Heydrich having been the greater threat.
He was in many ways the ultimate bureaucrat--completely amoral, completely
task-oriented. One writer (I forget who) refers to a comment Hitler made the
first time he met Heydrich: "He entered my heart like cold steel." The man
had the most frightening eyes...hooded, like a snake's. Of all the people
who could be considered candidates for reptilioids, Heydrich was the most
plausible. Compared to him, "der treue Heinrich" was a dilettante, a
romantic dreamer.