Forwarded from the New Paradigms Project [Not Necessarily Endorsed]:
From: Ian Goddard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Govt-Riot Plan EXPOSED?
Date: Wednesday, November 24, 1999 9:51 PM

 The FBI and the U.S. Attorney's office recently had
 a webpage shutdown that had a video allegedly taken
 during a military briefing, according to a report in
 the Village Voice. The video reveals a secret Army
 plan to incite race riots at Times Square on New
 Year's Eve. The fact that the FBI and US Attorney's
 office intimidated the owner of the site and finally
 coerced his ISP with threats of shutting them down
 in order to suppress the video appears to support
 this conclusion: The video is genuine and the
 government is planning to create chaos on Y2K.
 Such an operation could establish the necessary
 pretext to activate Martial Law and end freedom,
 which is just what the suppressed video indicates.

 According to the Voice, "Both the U.S. Attorney's
 office and the FBI had no comment" on this case.

 Here's the Internet in action, the FBI may have
 removed the video from one site, but not from
 these sites, download it and make it known:

http://www.rumormillnews.com/assault.htm
http://moxy.wtower.com/mirrors/timesq.ram
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/mauicool7/timesq.ram
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=99/11/24/013232&mode=nested

 Here's the Village Voice article:

============== THE VILLAGE VOICE =================
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/9947/boal.shtml

Published November 24 - 30, 1999

THE MONITOR
BY MARK BOAL

Subversive Filmmaker Attracts
the Wrong Kind of Agent

FBI's Shutter Speed

Success seemed imminent. A local TV station was
airing a segment about his Web site, and he began
to savor those precious moments of microfame. No
more dingy years of self-subsidized screenings;
now there'd be an audience for his art. But then
came the FBI. In a highly unusual move last week,
FBI agents called mike zieper, an independent
artist who goes by thename Mike Z., and "requested"
that he remove his site from the Internet. When
he declined, the FBI worked in tandem with the
U.S. Attorney's office to persuade his Web host
and its server to pull Zieper's site--18 days
after it went up--without having a subpoena or
court order of any kind.

Mike Z.'s Web site showed an eerie but amateur
video that purports to be a military briefing.
The clip opens with fuzzy shots of Times Square,
over which an unseen male voice describes a
secret army plan to incite a race riot on New
Year's Eve. "First Team," he says "you're all
here by oh?four hundred," and he then instructs
undercover black agents to "Give them a little
of the Amadou shit, agitate it."

The FBI was alerted to the site after receiving
phone calls from people who thought its Blair
Witch ?style footage was genuine army issue.
The opening banner on the site read, "I don't
know too much about this tape you are about to
see. I got it from my cousin Steve who's in
the army. . . . If it's fake, then there's
nothing to worry about. If it's real, then
we're in really big trouble."

The FBI's call came when Mike Z. was at a
friend's house last Thursday watching his UPN
9 interview. Suddenly, his pager hummed, and
when he called the number back, it turned out
to be the local New Jersey sheriff's department
at his front door with two FBI agents in tow,
wondering if they could come in for a chat.
Then agents Dan Calemina and Joe Metzinger
got on the phone and said, " 'We know that
you have this Web site and that it has been
getting a lot of activity,' " Z. recalls. "
'And we want to know how we can get people
to stop seeing it.' The implication was
obviously that I would face a subpoena or
an arrest if I didn't [take it down]," Z. says.

Instead, Z. contacted attorneys and put his
computer in storage. But the agents made an
end run around him. When Z. refused to pull
his site, the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's
office contacted Z.'s host, BECamation, the
next day. And that was all it took. "I had
no choice but to pull the site down
completely or I would have lost my business,"
says Mark Wieger, BECamation's president,
who feared that his own ISP would cut him off.
Lisa Korologos, an assistant U.S. Attorney,
requested that Wieger "remove the content
so that it could not be distributed," Wieger
says. (Both the U.S. Attorney's office and
the FBI had no comment.)

Wieger later apologized to Z. in an e-mail:
"To us a $75 job is not worth losing our
business over. . . . We regret that this
has happened and to lose you as a customer."

While Internet service providers are commonly
subpoened by law enforcement officials, an
attorney who specializes in cyber liberties
at the ACLU could not recall a similar case
in which the officers acted without a warrant.
"I've never heard of anything like this
involving the FBI," said Ann Beeson, a staff
attorney at the ACLU.

Neither had Z., who was terrified when the
agents called. "I was thinking, am I a criminal?
I started to imagine those orange jumpsuits and
spending time in jail." Z. believes intimidation
was the point of the conversation, and that,
says the ACLU, runs afoul of the First Amendment.

"Even though the ISP may not have been told,
'You must take it down,' there are still serious
constitutional problems," says Beeson. "It is
certainly constitutionally suspect for law
enforcement to implicitly threaten any private
entity with censorship." (The ACLU is
considering a suit.)

For Z., blurring the line between truth and
fiction is what makes his work unique. "I
like to get people into a space that's not
framed by narrative," Z. says of his video.
"My work always looks like something that was
not made for public consumption, and here it
tries to address issues of race."

For now, those issues will have to wait.

============== THE VILLAGE VOICE =================
http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/9947/boal.shtml

  IAN: That last paragraph has me wondering if
  Z fabricated the video. But the irony then is
  that the strongest weight of validity it has
  is that the FBI spiked it. I can't imagine
  they'd do that if it was phoney, since by
  itself, it's not that incredible. If it was
  fake, a whole lot more could and probably
  would be said in the video to scare people.
  The evidence suggests that the video is real.

GODDARD'S JOURNAL: http://www.erols.com/igoddard/journal.htm

Forwarded for info and discussion from the New Paradigms Discussion List,
not necessarily endorsed by:
***********************************
Lloyd Miller, Research Director for A-albionic Research (POB 20273,
Ferndale, MI 48220), a ruling class/conspiracy research resource for the
entire political-ideological spectrum.  Quarterly journal, book sales,
rare/out-of-print searches, New Paradigms Discussion List, Weekly Up-date
Lists & E-text Archive of research, intelligence, catalogs, & resources.
 To Discuss Ideas:
  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://msen.com/~lloyd/
  For Ordering Info & Free Catalog:
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://a-albionic.com/formaddress.html
  For Discussion List:
   mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
   text in body:  subscribe prj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 **FREE RARE BOOK SEARCH: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> **
   Explore Our Archive:  <http://a-albionic.com/a-albionic.html>
Every Diet Has Failed!  What Can I do?
Click Below to "Ask Dr. Kathleen"!
http://www.radiantdiet.com/cgi-bin/slim/deliver.cgi?ask-1364