</A> -Cui Bono?-

SkeptiNews 000114c - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THE ENTIRE BULLETIN WHEN YOU REPLY; CUT/PASTE, EH?
* No nuclear/biological/chemical weaponry helped to produce this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Tom Swift and His Motor-cycle: http://nakedword.org/htmltext/tsahmcyc.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Baffling Viking Artifacts Found in Cave. DUBLIN (Reuters) A hoard of
  Viking artifacts found in a cave in southern Ireland is baffling
  archaeologists. http://news.excite.com/news/r/000114/10/odd-viking

: Have you been baffled by artifacts lately? Will future archaeologists be
baffled by our artifacts? How'll the cultural significance of Beanie Babies
& Hula-Hoops & Pampers & Yugos & kazoos & penile elongators be evaluated?

# Fire ruins vital Bronze Age records. Archives documenting one of Europe's
  most important Bronze Age sites have been destroyed by fire - in a mouse
  nest. http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_604000/604067.stm
@ Link: Flag Fen Archeological Site: http://www.flagfen.freeserve.co.uk/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ When you were in math class, did you ever have trouble remembering all
  those digits in pi? Well, we've got some mnemonics (in multiple languages,
  <http://www.unipissing.ca/topology/z/a/a/a/26.htm> at that). Or, for the
  truly sadistic, check out some <http://users.aol.com/s6sj7gt/mikerav.htm>
  rather constrained poetry. Hell, just check out AT&T's Encyclopedia of
  Integer Sequences. <http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/> And we
  wonder why some people hate math... http://memepool.com/Subject/Wackos/

: What's your favorite numerical sequence? Do long numbers make your alien
implant buzz, sizzle, smoke? Does your brain need an implanted math chip so
you can handle basic calculations without pulling out a pocket calculator??

@ 5000 Miles Underground: http://www.nakedword.org/htmltext/ftmunder.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Quackwatcher: how Mark Fefer tracked down, and yelled at, the
  biggest mail-order peddler of health remedies in North America:
  http://www.seattleweekly.com/features/0001/features-fefer.shtml

: Do you like untested, unproved, unregulated medicines? Will you die soon?

# Drugs And Children. Drugging more than 2.5 million children into a
  cooperative zombie state to achieve classroom harmony is being ques-
  tioned in some quarters. http://spotlight.org/01_07_00/Kids/kids.html

# Antisocial Behavior in Boys Studied. (AP) Very aggressive boys have lower-
  than-expected levels of a stress hormone in their saliva, suggesting that
  their behavior might be biologically based & hard to treat by counseling.
  Drug'em all: http://news.excite.com/news/ap/000113/16/antisocial-boys

: Are your favorite drugs mail-order, organic, govt-supplied, psychedelic?
Should all children be drugged in a cooperative zombie state? Should you??

# Holographic teacher - Star Wars technology in the classroom:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/in_depth/education/2000/bett2000/newsid_600
000/600667.stm

# Clive Thompson never thought there was a correlation between the video
  games he loves & real-life violence. Then one day he was handed a gun...
  http://www.shift.com/shiftstd/html/onlineTOC/1999/7.7/html/killer.html

: Would you rather learn from holograms, videogames, hands-on weaponry??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# "America Last" Pressure. The growing trend in the world toward strong
  populist leaders has Trilaterals & other internationalists pushing their
  global power trip even more. http://spotlight.org/01_07_00/Tri/tri.html

: Does your conspiracy promote global power? How long have you worked for
this? Why haven't you succeeded yet? Are you totally incompetent? Is your
internationalist conspiracy really just a front for something else? What?

@ NEW INTERNATIONALIST 319 - Global Climate Change, the gathering storm:
  Catastrophe!  http://www.oneworld.org/ni/issue319/contents.htm
# Born-again Jane's friends try to protect her - does she need it?
  http://www.washtimes.com/national/news2-01142000.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Don't-Ask-Don't-Tell Encryption - govt wishes case would go away.

# Electronic Snoops Use Cryptic Clues. LONDON (Reuters) Britain's electronic
  snooping agency is using cryptic clues hidden in the Internet to attract
  new recruits. http://news.excite.com/news/r/000114/10/odd-eavesdrop

: Do you use mind-control techniques to recruit members for your conspiracy?
Are you cryptic, encrypted, crapola? Are you snooping on me at this moment?

# Clinton announces "mug shot" database
  http://networkusa.org/fingerprint/page1/fp-digital-mug-shot-photos.html
@ DoT Highway Safety Deskbook:
  http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/enforce/deskbk.html
# Secret Service aided license photo database:
  http://www.cnn.com/US/9902/18/license.photos/
# U.S. Helped Fund License Photo Database:
  http://washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/business/daily/feb99/privacy18.htm
@ Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994 as codified
  http://networkusa.org/fingerprint/page1b/fp-dmv-records-18-usc-123.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

HI, THIS IS EARL, AND MY OTHER BROTHER EARL...
  The really scary guys at the end of the millennium weren't from Iran, they
lived in the upper Sacramento Valley. Stockpiling explosives for a couple of
years, these in-bred militia mavens were going to blow up things like the
local propane plant and the Rice Co-Op. Can't you just see the homemade
video they were going to drop off at the local cable access channel?
  "Hi, my name is Ed Earl Tweeter from the Patriot Sons of Gridley Volunteer
Militia Chapter III. We are making a statement against oppressive government
today by blowing up Miss LuLu's Colusa Handcrafts Store and Johnston's Feed
and Seed.We will also be blowing up the John Deere Dealership in Oroville if
we can get back in time for Monday Night Football. These actions will bring
our government to it's knees and help us to forge a new nation. If you agree
with our philosophy, please send your donations to the Bob's Big Boy in
Chester, in care of Tiny Simmons. Thank you. God bless America... Ah, Lud...
the red lights still on... is the camera off? Turn the camera off. You
didn't get the license plate of my pickup in the picture, did you? Lud?"
  --Cam Perry, editor, FORESTVILLE GAZETTE

  "Bother," said Pooh, as he nuked Baghdad.

* Rev.R.Carter, ULC * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Dope/Music * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Plots *
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm