</A> -Cui Bono?-

SkeptiNews 000203a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* Time passed during production of this bulletin. Happy Birthday, Marsha!!
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Entropy: http://www.alamut.com/subj/ideologies/pessimism/entropy.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Can time reverse? IN a distant galaxy, a star unexplodes. Just moments ago
  a shell of tortured matter was flying together at 30,000 km/sec. Now it
  has become a star; the last shreds of glowing debris are being sucked in.
  With the explosion undone, the star begins the long journey back to the
  time when it will be unborn into the gas & dust of an interstellar cloud.
  Theorists say that regions where time flows in the normal direction can
  coexist with regions where it flows backwards. There may be places, even
  within our Galaxy, where stars unexplode, eggs unbreak and living things
  grow younger with every second. http://newshub.com/cgibin/rd.cgi?9314379

: Do you prefer time moving forward, backwards, sideways, spiraling, other?
What's your favorite temporal axis? Have you shifted time modes lately? Did
you need to move to a different region of space? Is everything weird there?

@ Has Science Found God? http://www.phys.hawaii.edu/vjs/www/anthro_philo.pdf
# Weak interaction helps locate strange quark in proton structure:
  http://www.eurekalert.org/releases/uil-wih020200.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ UFOS AND THE BIBLE. Aliens : Angels or Demons? It's incremental acclimat-
  ization from THEM! The book of the Jubilees remarks that Jared or Yeh-red
  <http://biblestudytools.net/Lexicons/Hebrew/?id=03382>, an Old Testament
  patriarch, was so called because in his days the angels descended upon the
  earth - Yaw-rad <http://www.biblestudytools.net/Lexicons/Hebrew/?id=03381>
  "descend". It is interesting to note that "Jordan" comes from that same
  root word denoting "descent, coming down or falling" - Yar-dane "the place
  of the descent" <http://biblestudytools.net/Lexicons/Hebrew/?id=03383>.
  Jordan, "place of the descent", is located in the ancient boundary of
  Israel. Israel is currently a major location for sighting UFOs, and the
  fallen angels in disguise as "aliens". http://mt.net/~watcher/ufos.html

: Are your favorite deities all alien entities? Where are they from? What do
they want here? Are they incrementally acclimating us? How far along are we?
Are we/they descending, ascending, jitterbugging, masturbating, aestivating?

# Israeli Roswell: The "Achihod Alien"
  http://www.parascope.com/articles/0297/alienin.htm
# NEW UPDATE 'Historic' New NASA UFO Shuttle Footage With
  'Stark ET Evidence' http://www.sightings.com/ufo6/stark.htm
@ Red Sprites and Blue Jets: http://elf.gi.alaska.edu/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Crash-a-Rama: (minimal)

# Alaska Air Jet's Tail May Have Malfunctioned Before - search abandoned:
  http://apbnews.com/newscenter/breakingnews/2000/02/02/crash0202pma_01.html
# Second 'black box' sought: http://www.newshub.com/cgibin/rd.cgi?9316708
# Alaska Air Denies Problems: http://www.newshub.com/cgibin/rd.cgi?9316635
# Another Stabilizer Problem: http://www.newshub.com/cgibin/rd.cgi?9313989
# American Air MD-80 jet reports stabilizer problem, returns to airport -
  same model as Alaska Air: http://www.newshub.com/cgibin/rd.cgi?9314412
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# The End of the Nation-State: http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/story/90.html
# China Preparing For War With US. Strategic writings by China's military
  and party leaders show that China is making plans for war, according to a
  new Pentagon study. Some 600 translations of internal Chinese writings by
  200 authors reveal China's strategy to defeat a superior foe, using both
  military and nonmilitary means, such as propaganda, deception and covert
  action. http://www.washtimes.com/national/nation3-02022000.htm

# China cracks down on Internet cafes. (BBC) Shanghai closes 127 unlicensed
 Internet cafes & seized computers in the 4th raid by cops since last April.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/asia-pacific/newsid_628000/628432.stm

: Can/should/will China conquer the world with deceit, computers, assassins,
mind-control devices cleverly built into cheap toys, huge armies, ideology,
commercial expertise, nuclear/biological/chemical weaponry, sexual devices?

# Also: Online boom for China:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/asia-pacific/newsid_609000/609971.stm
# Can governments control the Internet?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/asia-pacific/newsid_623000/623339.stm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Hogs'R'Us:

# Groundhog forecasts more winter - marketers flog old German superstition:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_628000/628685.stm

@ Day of Shadow: http://geocities.com/Heartland/7134/Shadow/groundhog.htm
@ Whole Hog For Grubby Little Groundhogs: http://www.groundhogsday.com/
@ Pathetic Puny Punxsutawney Phil: http://www.punxsutawney.com/
@ Groundhog Day Facts, If Any: http://wilstar.com/holidays/grndhog.htm

# Groundhog Day past generated scandals - see our archives:
  http://members.xoom.com/0rpheus/sc/SCv01n115.eml
  http://members.xoom.com/0rpheus/sc/SCv01n116.eml
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Lurking Legends. Many animals now known to science were once thought to
  exist only in folklore. Even today, a menagerie of mythical creatures fire
  both the imagination and those iconoclastic scientists known as cryptozo-
  ologists. http://britannica.com/bcom/original/article/0,5744,3582,00.html

@ What is a Cryptid?  Cryptozoological specimens, or "cryptids," include:
  1) unknown species, 2) presumed extinct species, 3) known species found
  far outside their normal home range, and 4) known species of unusual
  individual size, form, pattern, or coloration. http://www.izoo.org/isc/

: What's your favorite unknown animal? Have you seen many lately? Are you an
unknown animal? Do you hide a lot? Are you extinct yet? Are you reproducing?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Vision of Mary Seen, Asked To Kindly Leave! A vision of the Virgin Mary
  was spotted on the teeter-totter at the Landover Baptist Children's Play-
  ground over the CHRISTmas holidays. She held the youngsters spellbound for
  nearly an hour before being sent away. "I said, 'shoo!' and brushed her
  off like a horsefly." http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0100/mary.html

@ Catholic Prayers: http://www.webdesk.com/catholic/prayers/index.html
@ Catholic Apologetics: http://webusers.anet-stl.com/~nosmo/

: Have you been bothered by any holy apparitions lately? Did they contribute
to the delinquency of minors? Did you turn'em in, run'em off, push'em down?
Did they exact retribution? Are you in really deep doo-doo now? How bad??

# Methodists investigate West Coast ministers who blessed lesbian wedding -
  67 could be defrocked: http://www.newshub.com/cgibin/rd.cgi?9313127

  "If I hear the word 'evolution' I grab my gun." --Andre Simon

* Rev. R.Carter, ULC * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringes of: Science, Faith, Sex, Dope, Art, Paranormal, Conspiracy
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm