</A> -Cui Bono?-

----- Original Message -----
From: "beltek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [SC] Skeptic News - Sunday #2

> > # Pope In Historic Plea To Pardon Church Sins. VATICAN CITY ...
> > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000312/ts/pope_forgiveness_4.html
>
> And was there an apology and a change of direction for preaching
> against birth control while asking all others to help the poor?

[shiffle shuffle] Hmmm, I don't see it here in the script. Maybe
that part got left on the cutting-room floor.  Damn editors...

> It would seem that taking care of current "sins" of the Church
> would be more useful than worrying about what happened over the
> centuries.

I seem to recall a Rabbi on NPR wondering why JP2 apologized for
misdeeds of 500 years back [inquisition] but not for those of 55
years ago [holocaust].  And as for straightening-out the current
doctrinal glitches [especially those dealing with reproduction,
gender equality, etc], well, hold not thy breath, eh?

> m.a.
> (the kinder and gentler one,  oh, yes!!  Compassionate, too,
> but not especially conservative.)

Did you get as far as the "Have You Hugged Your Wolf Today?" entry
in one of the bulletins?  We know where your heart really lies...

  Ric "I used to be kinder & gentler, but it didn't take" Carter