</A> -Cui Bono?-

-----Original Message-----
From: Blagovesta Doncheva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mrs. Jela Jovanovic Secretary General <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sunday, April 02, 2000 4:52 PM
Subject: Bulgaria Started the War!!!

>SEGA, Bulgarian daily, March 29, 2000
>
>Bulgaria Started the War!!!
>
>Spiegel: :"Horseshoe" Plan comes from the poisonous kitchen of the
Bulgarian Secret Services."
>Frankfuhrter Rundshaw announced last week  that Bulgarian Secret Services
had been the origin of the information for that Serb plan, used as a
justification for NATO strikes on Yugoslavia (My God! Why haven t they
written Milosevic?!!?).
>Folker Pele (?) the German Foreign Affairs Ministry speaker did not answer
if Bulgaria had been asked to release additional data for the West to clear
out the doubts in connection with the source and reliability of the
information received by secret agency service.

>The German Foreign Minister has confirmed the German pres releases about  a
Bulgarian secret analysis of our information services for Kosovo.
>On April 1, 1999 Minister Mihailova had given Joshka Fisher the Serb plan
"Podkova" (=Horseshoe) for pending ethnic cleansing of Kosovo Albanians.
Fisher gave it to Rudolph Scharping, the German Minister of Defence.
>Only Bulgarians and Germans had discussed that plan last year.
>"Horseshoe" Plan was mentioned openly on April 8, 1999 for the first time.
>Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA) quotes the General Bundesweher Inspector
Hans-Peter von Kierhbach (?), who explained the plan on a press-conference.
According to him, the Serb plan "Horseshoe" aimed at liquidating KLA even if
that would mean extermination of all the Albanians in Kosovo. Its essence
was the Albanians to be expelled from the country stage by stage to be
achieved demographic change in the province.
>These explanations were necessary because two weeks after the March 24
there were already civilian victims and the refugees were increasing. The
apprehensions for the war end were increasing too.
>A week later the "horseshoe" plan was mentioned in an articleby Wiliam
Pfaff (?) in "International Herald Tribune". The aim was to convince the
public that  there was no moral justification to stop the bombing.
"According to the German government sources that program  for Kosovo
Albanians ethnic cleansing  had been worked out at the end of 1998 under the
code name "Horseshoe".. In fact, it had been under implementation before the
the Rambouillet Negotiations in February", Pfaff writes. According to him
the Yugoslavian government should receive a lesson.
>On April 24 Kostov (the Bulgarian Premier) also quotes the operation
"Horseshoe" to justify the pending Bulgarian coroboration  and war
interference. He underlined that Albanians had fled from Kosovo in great
numbers long before the bombing start. " Who has made 400,000 (?!?)
Albanians flee out of Kosovo before March 24?.. Operation "Horseshoe began
at February 26 and aimed at two things: to exterminate KLA and to turn
Kosovo into a desert. What can explain the flows of refugees to the
countries from the region when there were no bombings? And now, when there
are bombings, why only Albanians flee from Kosovo? And how it happened so
that those people have been deliberately loaded on buses, trains, etc., and
in an organised manner had been deported to Macedonia?  We witness a quite
deliberate deportation carried out by and army of 40000 soldiers, police and
paramilitary formations", Kostov said.  In the same interview he declares
also that Milosevic s aim (i.e., Yugoslavians government - translator note)
was to destabilise Macedonia. " Bulgaria is the last country , which should
close the ring around Milosevic (i.e., Yugoslavia - translator s note). All
the countries have given their consent to support the peacekeeping
operations.. If we do not close the ring, we in fact help destabilising
Macedonia."
>"Horseshoe" is not mentiond in any of the thousands Reuter informations for
the the Kosovo conflict.
>The former US Ambassador in Bulgaria Avis Bowlen (?) declared in an
interview on Radio "Darik"(shamelessly pro UDF radio!) that she knew nothing
about that plan.

>The article continues on two pages but I need a rest form that squalor.
>If you are interested, I ll do the next part as well.
>
>Comments:
>1/ Bulgaria has almost no information services: they were very thoroughly
broken down during the several de-communising hysterical outbursts here;
>2/ Some people told me that such information do not change hands at a level
Foreign Ministers;
>3/ I and all my friends think the following:
>CIA (through the US Ambassador Bowlen (who knows nothing) and her staff had
called "Pretty Nadja" (Minister Mihailova) and had given their girl on a
call the plan "Horseshoe" worked out in their poisonous kitchens.
>And she had run (flied) to meet the German boy on call, dear Joshka.
>The public had to be kept heightened on the bombing. Raytheon, Lockhead,
Boing, Microsoft and the others hadn t realise the planned profits yet - the
favourable conditions for building Bondsteel hadn t been achieved yet. So,
circulate "Horseshoe" through two of the most grovelling lackeys, and bomb
non-stop!.