</A> -Cui Bono?-

On 5 Apr 00, at 21:16, Nurev Ind Research wrote:

>It targets American pension and mutual funds
>    and cities that invest in a huge oil company, Talisman Energy, that
>    is a partner of the National Islamic Front, the government of
>    Sudan.

British Petroleum (Amoco) is also heavily invested in this regime
and has funneled millions to them so they can be a player in the
oil fields of southern Sudan.  I think a boycott of Amoco would be
in order as well.

>    This authoritarian government, based in the north of the country,
>    encourages slave raiders to invade black Christian and animist
>    villages in the south. Many of the men are killed. Women and girls
>    are abducted to become concubines and house slaves, bought by
>    owners in the north. The kidnapped boys are forced into the Muslim
>    faith.

The Sudanese air force bombed a school in Southern Sudan
sometime during the last week.
Several students and family members were injured.  Fortunately
there were no fatalities.  Our worthless "news" outlets didn't bother
to give it one word of coverage.

--
Kathleen

"There is nothing wrong with Southern California that a rise in the ocean level
wouldn't cure." -- Ross MacDonal