On Sun, 7 May 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> nessie wrote:
> >
> > Work is not for people. Work is for robots. People shouldn't work. People
> > should hang out, sing, dance, screw, tell stories, read, research and
> > explore.
>
> from:
> THE ABOLITION OF WORK, by Bob Black
> <http://www.spunk.org/library/writers/black/index.html>
>
> No one should ever work.
>
> Work is the source of nearly all the misery in the world.  Almost any
> evil you'd care to name comes from working or from living in a world
> designed for work.  In order to stop suffering, we have to stop working.
>
> That doesn't mean we have to stop doing things.  It does mean creating a
> new way of life based on play; in other words, a *ludic* conviviality,
> commensality, and maybe even art.  There is more to play than child's
> play, as worthy as that is.  I call for a collective adventure in
> generalized joy and freely interdependent exuberance.

Interesting but lengthy "Ludic Manifesto" clipped.

If North Americans want it now they can design "totally
automated" clusters of villages. That is CURRENT technology. Work will be
no more onerous than pushing buttons on a microwave oven. Masochists and
morons who want to keep on "working" of course can do so.
FWP.

http://users.uniserve.com/~culturex/Machine-Psychology.htm

sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths,
misdirections
and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and
minor
effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said,
CTRL