Please feel free to contact Dr. Andreas van Almsick (email below) if you
wish to support the case of Michael Rene Pardue.  Thank you. Alfred Webre,
Vancouver, BC
=======
Dr. Andreas van Almsick
Rosskopfweg 9
D-61440 Oberursel
Germany

Tel.: 01149 6171 55473

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Re: Michael Rene Pardue

Dear Mr. Webre,

With this letter I want to focus your attention on the case of Michael Rene
Pardue. Michael is now for more than 27 years behinds bars in Alabama and he
is
innocent. Even thought his original murder cases were dropped 1997 he is
still
sentenced for life without parole because of three escapes.

Michael's case has found attention of national and international media (see
"Media Support" on his website www.michaelpardue.com). But while the US media
were interested mainly 1998 (except the local one) mainly the German ones do
their work till today. I am very proud that it was a German TV-team which was
at
first together with Michael's wife Becky when the Alabama Supreme Court
opened
the theoretical chance to release Michael on March 10th, 2000.

However, I don't believe that it is the task of foreigner media to do the job
of
the US ones. The case of Michael Pardue is one of the worst scandal of
justice
in America of the last and perhaps of this century. Not because of the fact
that
an innocent man was so long behind bars, that happen unfortunately all over
the
world, but because of the fact that an innocent man should die behind bars
only
because he tried to escape tree times. For America it is an incredible shame.
For everybody all over the world it can't be a crime if an innocent man tries
escape and it can't be one for a country that believes to strongly in the
freedom of everyone.

Frankly the responsible men in Alabama will never agree that Michael is
innocent. They will tell you that they dropped his original charges only for
technical reasons. They will tell you that they are sure about Michael's
guilt
but that the Alabama Supreme Court unfortunately doesn't allow them to use
Michael's confession longer as evidence. Well, the truth is that this
confession
was coerced and that there was never a physical evidence for Michael's guilt.
More than that, today it is proved that the only physical evidence ever
showed
on court, a shotgun, can not be responsible for the found wounds of the
victims.
However, all the new proofs are not of further interest because Michael's
original charges are already dropped. No further court will have a look on
them
except an civil suit. But Michael escaped three times and therefore the law
of
Alabama allows the continuing unjust against him. They will tell you that
Michael self had told everyone in his first prison that he is a murderer.
That
is true but it is only the half story. Michael did it after nobody wanted to
believe him that he is innocent and he did it to survive as 17 year old white
boy in one of the worst prison of America.

The case of Michael Rene Pardue is an example for that what was and what is
wrong with the American system of justice. The responsible men of Alabama
have a
high interest to hide all their mistakes in this case and a not so interested
US
media allow them to go on with that.

I am very happy about every new article about Michael in Germany and I know
that
there will be soon a book about him in France but because it is easy for
Alabama
to ignore the foreign media I have to ask you to do what is necessary to
inform
the citizen of America about that what happen in their name.

I am 38, married and a chemist in a higher position of Aventis CropScience
one
of the world leader of plant protection. I am very interested in this case
because I am not able to accept such an unjust.

Please feel free to ask further questions.

In the hope to hear soon from you.

Your Sincerely

A. van Almsick
_________
earthradioTV.com - Alternative News Portal for ecology, politics &
consciousness.           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
earthradioTV.com MIRROR SITES:
USA     http://www.earthradioTV.com/index2.html
CZECH   http://mujweb.cz/www/ecologynews/
UK      http://members.tripod.co.uk/ecologynews/