-Caveat Lector-

> How many people remember the Apollo - that 27th day of January, 1967
> where three brave men died burnt alive and he cause?

According to Dr. Fred Bell in a lecture given in St. Paul, MN in May 1998,
there were fires on the Apollo launching pad EVERY DAY leading up to the
death of the three astronauts.

At the time Bell was working directly with Wernher Von Braun and complained
to the German genuis about the lack of safety measures. Von Braun brushed
him off because of the rush to get to the moon. Bell quit NASA shortly
before the disaster.

In his recent book former astronaut L. Gordon Cooper described von Braun as
a great guy and the one most responsible for saving our space program.
However, Fred Bell says von Braun was pissed about the way he was treated
after he surrendered to U.S. forces at the end of World War II. "He still
had an attitude about that," said Bell.

Bottom line: we went to the moon. However, that does not mean all the "moon"
photographs NASA has made available are genuine. Some of the ones I have
seen have more than one source of light: either the moon has an additional
sun that is hidden from earth, or artificial light was used. It's no big
deal actually. If the pictures didn't turn out NASA simply may have done a
"reenactment" like TV does to get better photos.